Friday, August 24, 2007

Ahhh!!

We are having a crazy day!

Landis and I woke up this morning and played for a little while. Lawrence came home for lunch, we ate, and he headed back to work. I headed into the kitchen to wash some dishes, leaving Landis in the living room, playing with his toys. After a minute, I heard a banging sound and realized that I could no longer see Landis, so I left the kitchen to look for him. Turns out I had forgotten to close the bathroom door and he was in the bathroom, throwing things into the toilet, which he does every chance he gets. (Fortunately, he's only gotten two chances so far.) I fished the plunger and toilet scrubber brush and case out of the toilet and rinsed them off in the shower, then grabbed Landis and tossed him in and got him soaped up and cleaned. Once he'd been scrubbed, I wrapped him up in a towel, grabbed a diaper and put him on the our bed to change him. Of course, as soon as I moved the towel to put his diaper on, he started peeing all over the sheets. All of this fun took place before 1 pm. It's going to be a loooooooooong day.

He's down for his nap, so I had better go take care of the messes!

1 comment:

The Joker said...

He is just telling you that he wants to go swimming.
Life will become easier (in a way,) when he can speak.
For now, keep the baby gates "in their upright and locked positions," and hold on tight! It is going to be a wild ride with this smart, precocious little guy!
Love and miss you all, "Abuela"