Friday, February 29, 2008

Already?

It seems that Landis has decided that it is time for potty training. He's been fascinated with the potty for a few months, so I recently bought him a little potty seat that sits on top of the regular seat. He's picked up the sign for "potty" and sometimes asks to go - mostly, I think, so he gets a chance to convince me that it's time for a bath, one of his very favorite things. He sits on his potty chair once or twice a day while we read a book or sing, and occasionally pees or poops while he's sitting there. I had attributed it mostly to coincidence, because he's 15 months old, which is pretty young for potty training. Today, though, he woke up, I changed him, and ate breakfast and he played for about 2 hours. He signed "potty," so I took him into the bathroom and took of his diaper - dry! He sat on the potty and peed, and looked ever so proud of himself. About an hour an a half later, he asked to potty again. He had started to pee in his diaper, but stopped, and finished up on the potty. I am so amazed!

No comments: