Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Go Bake Some No-Knead Bread!

It's delicious, and so, so easy!

It's about a 20 hour process, but requires only 15 or 20 minutes of hands on time. The recipe can be found here. I modified it by using 1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour and it turned out great!

The whole wheat flour gives it a yummy nutty flavor, and the long initial rise gives it just a hint of sourdough. I don't have a dutch oven or casserole with a lid to bake it in, so i've been using the insert from my crockpot, which is a little bit too big. I think the loaf would end up a lot taller and more evenly shaped in a smaller pan.

Give it a try and let me know how your bread turns out! It really is the easiest bread recipe I've ever tried, with the least hands on time and the smallest amount of flour dusted over the surfaces in my kitchen. :)

No comments: