Thursday, January 22, 2009


(Click on the comic to view larger.)

A few days ago, I had a busy day, with lots of things that needed to be done and not a lot of time to do them. I told Landis that he needed to go play by himself for a little while, and gave him a few different options - his cars, his train table, or blocks. He picked the trains, and played by himself for about 5 minutes, then came running up to me. "Monni, monni, come SEE!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the train table to show me how Percy had fallen off of the tracks and Thomas was going to rescue him. I oohed and aahed, then asked him to keep playing so I could finish the things I was working on. He decided to go play with his blocks then, but a few minutes later, he was tugging on my skirt again. "Monni look stack!" He had built a tower and wanted an audience for the demolition job. And so the day continued, with him playing by himself for a few minutes, then seeking my attention, and me not getting anything done fast.

Exasperated, I told Landis, "You need a little brother to play with so Monni can get her work done." (When Aaron Scott is here, the 2 of them will very happily play together for long stretches of time. When it's just one of them, they constantly want to be entertained, or have a parent ooh and aah over their creations.)

Landis thought about it for a minute, and then said, "Okay. Landis and Monni go to store. We buy brother."

No comments: