Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Yesterday, I talked to Goat on the phone while he was on the work. After I hung up, I told Landis who had called, and passed on an "I love you" from his Daddy. Landis, who is really interested in the different names, relationships and titles that one person can have, told me, "Daddy is not your Daddy, he is your husband." I told him that was right, and we discussed how Grandpa was my Daddy, and Nonni's husband, and Papa was Daddy's Daddy, and Grandma's husband. He was quiet for a moment, sorting through it all.

He was pretty sure he had it all figured out, but he just had one more question. "Monni, whose husband is Josh?"

Then we had to have a whole conversation about how kids don't have husbands or wives, but when they grow up they can get married and then they will have a spouse, and sometimes they will become parents. Landis was quite fascinated by the prospect of growing up and experiencing all of the different relationships he will have throughout his life.


As much as I loved having a snuggly, chubby, smiling baby and sometimes miss that stage in Landis' life, it is so much fun to have a curious little talking boy with a vivid imagination.

No comments: