Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Going to the Hosital-tal

It's fascionating to watch Landis play. It gives me an interesting window into his mind. Last month, Landis and I spent a few days in Gainesville with my parents and siblings while my Grandpa was in the hospital. Landis went to the hospital several times, and I explained that Great-Grandpa went the hospital when because he was sick, and that the doctors and nurses were helping him get better. Apparently it had more of an impression on him than I thought.

Today, Landis asked me to play with him. "Monni, get in the car!"

"Where is the car, Landi?" He indicated the couch, and I sat down on one of the cushions.

"Monni, that is Nonni's seat. This is Nonni's car."

So, I moved to a different seat. "Where are we going in Nonni's car?" I asked.

"We are going with Nonni to the hosital-tal."

"Oh! Who is at the hospital? Will we see your Great-Grandpa?"

"No, not Great-Ampa. We will see Josh."

"Oh no! What happened to Josh? Is he sick?"

Landis grabbed his foot, then pointed to his big toe. "Josh has bad ows on this toe. Somebody at the hosital-tal will help him get better."

No comments: