Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Long-Haired Hippie Boy

Mom, avert your eyes.









Landis' hair is getting LONG. He was bald for the longest time, and with his blond hair he looked bald even after his hair began to grow. No more!

Now all I need is to find some masculine or at least gender neutral contraption to keep the hair out of his eyes. Somehow, as much as my husband likes long hair, I don't think he would go for ribbons and bows in his son's hair. There must be something out there. I can't be the only mom of a long haired little boy to ever experience this quandary...

Funny story - Landis went grocery shopping at the Downtown Produce Market with his Grandma and Papa the other day. (If you live in the area and haven't shopped there yet - go! Best store ever...) We do almost all of our meat, cheese and produce shopping there, and they know us by name. The cashier recognized Landis and was ooh-ing and aah-ing over him, and said, "Wow, his hair is getting so long, just like his Dad's." My poor father-in-law spent several years in the Air Force and is less than thrilled that his sons and grandson have long hair. He offers to take Landis for a haircut almost as often as my mom reminds us that it would be no problem at all to take care of Landis' tresses while she's outside cutting Josh and Caleb's hair. Goat and I found that conversation hysterical. Don't worry, Nonni and Grandpa - soon enough Landis will be in the teenage rebellious stage and decide to shave his head...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that long-haired little boy!
He might need to wear a swimming cap soon, so he can see where he is swimming.
(Those were sure fun to put on, weren't they, Erin!)
Any time Landy wants a haircut that looks like his uncles', and his parents agree, (I only know one style, BTW,)he can take his spot on the back deck...
No "Hippie," please!!!!!!
That has all sorts of connotations beyond "long-haired."
Love you all, "Landis' Nonni."