Saturday, May 23, 2009

"That Creeps Me Up"

One of Landis' favorite toys is the shelf from one of our cabinets which we removed to store some tall items. He pretends that it is his stove, and cooks me lots of yummy "food." Yesterday, I decided to help his imagination along, so I drew spirals on it to look like burners. For a while, all was well.

Then, a few hours later, Landis ran over to me and said, "Monni, there are giant eyeballs on my stove. That makes me angry."

It took me a few minutes to realize that he meant the drawings of burners. I asked him why it made him angry. He replied, "I don't like those eyeballs, Monni. That creeps me up. "

Now that you mention it, Landis, giant eyeballs on a stove top are rather creepy...

1 comment:

Danielle said...

That would totally creep me up, too. Good call, Landis ;)~