Monday, September 10, 2007

Yum!

We went thrift store shopping this weekend with Aunt Jane and I took a chance and bought a crockpot, not knowing whether it worked. It works!! To test it out, I made delicious

Lentil Soup

olive oil
1 large chopped onion
2-3 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp. ground coriander seed
1 tsp. ground cumin seed
2 cups lentils
6 cups water or stock
1 can chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup brown rice
splash of lemon juice
salt and pepper

Saute the onion, garlic, coriander and cumin in the olive oil until the onion is soft and clear. Place in the crockpot.

Add lentils, water or stock, tomatoes and rice to the crockpot. Cook on low for several hours.

Before serving, add a splash of and salt and pepper to taste.



It is yummy! I'm so excited to have a crockpot. It will make life so much easier. Landis is generally fussiest and clingiest in the evening around dinner time, so it's hard to pry him out of my arms long enough to make a good meal. I threw the soup ingredients in the crockpot just before lunch and they were ready by dinnertime. Let me know if you have a crockpot recipe that you love!

1 comment:

paul said...

1 beetle
1 fluffy nephew

crocpot for 1 hour. done.