Friday, August 8, 2008

Laundry



I love finding little things that are both cost effective and good for the health of my family and our planet, so I was very excited when I ran across these directions for homemade laundry soap. It's made from natural ingredients that are gentle on even soft baby skin and costs only a penny per load!

We're also planning to start line drying our laundry in order to hopefully negate the effects of an 8% rate increase that our power company put into effect this month. Electric dryers use about 6% of the electricity consumed in the average household. I'm planning to put the clothesline up between the garden and Landis' little playhouse. Hopefully, having to see it several times a week will motivate me to care for my sadly neglected garden again, even in the sweltering Florida summer heat, and Landis will certainly enjoy having more outdoor time!

No comments: