Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I've been trying to teach Landis to be respectful of other people's belongings, and to think about the effects of his actions on others. Every time he plays with one of Goat's, Aaron Scott's or my things, we go through this conversation about how it is important to take care of other people's things and return them in the same condition they were in when they were borrowed, and how it makes people feel sad when their things are broken. Here is a conversation we had yesterday.

Landis: Monni, Monni, Monni! *tugs on my skirt* Orange, please.

Me: Okay, Landis.

Landis: Peel it, please.

Me: Of course, silly boy.

Landis: Monni no drop orange on floor. Monni break Landi's orange, make Landi too sad.


He made this ridiculously over exaggerated sad face, and I couldn't suppress a giggle as I assured him I would take good care of his orange and not drop it on the floor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That kid is so funny