Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Poor Landis

He inherited all of my worst characteristics.


Here we have Landis "Not a Morning Person" Ludwig in his favorite shirt.

As he says: "Is my favorite. Josh got it for me! Has al'gators on it. Also helmets."

Everytime he wears it (and he wants to wear it every day, and gets up set when it needs to be washed) Landis wants to call Josh to thank him and have a chat about the Gators. Funny boy...



One time when Landis was about 6 months old I tried to wake him up in the morning before he was ready. I talked to him, gave him kisses and rubbed him back, but he didn't so much as move a muscle. I flipped him over onto his back. He didn't flinch. I grabbed his arms and pulled him into a sitting position. His eyes remained resolutely shut as he flopped forward back onto the bed. I took off his pajamas and dressed him. Nothing. Picked him up and popped him into a sling. He made a slight grunt, the only sign of life so far. Walked out to the car and put him in his carseat. He rested his head on the side of the seat and kept sleeping. Arrived at our destination, pulled him out of the carseat and back into the sling and started walking around. He woke up an hour later, when he was good and ready to be awake and not a moment sooner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to sell that picture
when he wins the Heisman for the Gators.